Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome Fall and the renewed tea spirit

So Fall started a few days ago and the tea spirit is revived. Not that summer is not conducive to tea drinking - but Fall makes you wanna go in a blanket and sip your comforting tea. David's tea will be (or has) bringing it's Autumn tea collection back (I think with some new additions). Also, David's tea has opened up a few new locations in the city like in the Eaton Centre (so now accessible downtown) and on Sherbrooke West (Westmount area). I've yet to check them out. I actually haven't been to any location other than Mont Royal E. 

Anyhow, lately I'm in a pure tea mood - as in unflavored. I've got nothing against flavored tea, but for some reason I've been really enjoying pure teas. The last few days have had massive tea concentrations. 
Thursday Paw and I made a visit to Camelia Sinensis. We decided to have the in-season teas that would likely soon be discontinued. She had a green tea and I had an oolong. I am terrible with remembering the names of teas at Camelia :( Both were very good. As we stayed till closing, we got some left over peppercorn and lemon scones. 
Friday, Captain Wildchild and I went to Cha Guan and had some old faves. I got jasmine dragon pearl green tea and he got ginseng oolong. 
Today, I had genmaicha - a tea I haven't had in over a year. Definitely missed the brown ricey taste of this tea!
I also had a battle with Kuding - bitter tea. In this match it was Kuding - 1, Njosnavelin - 0. It defeated me in bitterness. But Paw tells me I put too many leaves. So I will try again. I made my mom try it, too. She nearly died, lips curled - "It tastes worse than quinone!". 
I'll let you know how round two goes. 

Until the next tea tasting ;) For now, I'll continue on my pure tea trip. 

1 comment:

swathi said...

hot water is very good for health. It will kill the bacteria and give safe water.
IT Fresher Jobs