Monday, May 11, 2009

Tasty Hot Water

Apart from water, Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world. For a hot beverage to be a Tea it has to come from the Camellia Sinesis plant - everything else is some other form of herbal hot beverage, which we typically call a Tisane.

For those that know me, they know I enjoy tea quite a bit. It is definitely the beverage I consume most after water. I have not always been a tea freak though. Up until I was 17, I mostly drank Earl Grey with sugar and milk, like my parents. I had tried a few other bagged teas (Lady grey and green), but had never really explored all the different types of tea. One of my friends at the time was quite a fan of tea and drank it all the time. Whilst hanging out with them more often, I ended up drinking more tea as well, and that's probably how my tea fascination began.

I had toyed with the idea of making reviews about teas I've tried for a while, thanks to a suggestion from Paw. Since my classes are over, I figured this would be the opportune time to start my blog about Tea. For the purposes of this blog, I'm going to include Tisanes as well, because I do like them.

Generally, I'd like to review teas I've tasted, include some of their uses/benefits if applicable, where you can get them, ones I want to try and particular steeping methods if any. I'll also include posts about some good places to get tea or just to drink tea. If there's anything else I can think of that's tea related, I'll probably post that too.

If you're here, it's probably because you like tea, and so I hope you enjoy it. :)

1 comment:

p.w. said...

tea blog! i'll be following this...